- This exercise will increase the threshold of function through the shoulders and kinetic chain. It will benefit anyone who requires function in multi-directions at the shoulder complex.
- Stand tall with adequate stability throughout the kinetic chain.
- Keep the knees slightly bent and the gaze towards the horizon.
- Allow the body to rhythmically flow throughout this movement.
- This movement is performed in all three planes.
- First, perform an alternating press straight overhead as shown.
- Next, perform alternating angling presses out in the frontal plane (approx. 30° out) as shown.
- Next, twist through the transverse plane and press forward.
- Pay close attention to the video to see the form throughout the kinetic chain.
- Progression: Start with light dumbbells (approximately 20% of normal shoulder press).