- Improves concentric acceleration, dynamic stabilization, eccentric deceleration of the upper extremity.
- It teaches the body to summate forces along the kinetic chain.
- Initiate a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise, this engages the nervous system.
- Stand in proper alignment with hands in front of the chest and feet pointing straight ahead.
- Activate the core with proper drawing in and pelvic floor contraction.
- Start with chest tall and shoulder blades depressed and retracted.
- Hold medicine ball close to chest with elbows high.
- Movement is the summation of the shoulder protraction, elbow extension and the wrist flexion as the ball is accelerated away from the body.