- Strengthens the posterior chain and opens up any upper crossed posture issues.
- Laying face down on the floor in prone position, have arms beside your hips.
- Activate core by drawing in navel towards spine and squeezing glutes.
- With core and glutes activated, lift chest off the floor, lift arms up and back towards the hips rotating thumbs towards the ceiling.
- Pause momentarily at the top of the lift then return to starting position; at all times keeping the chin tucked into the chest.
- Upon completion of the movement, repeat.
- Don't over emphasize arching of the back to lift the chest off the floor. Only lift to where the client is comfortable – no lower back pain should be felt. If so check sequencing of glute, erectors and hamstrings.