Corrective Exercise Is Not Just About Corrective Exercises

by Justin Price |   Date Released : 06 Aug 2012
Justin Price

About the author: Justin Price

Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method® which provides corrective exercise education and certifications for fitness professionals (available through PTontheNet).  His techniques are used in over 40 countries by Specialists trained in his unique pain-relief methods and have been featured in Time magazine, Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, LA Times, Men’s Health, Arthritis Today, and on Web MD, BBC and Discovery Health. He is also an IDEA International Personal Trainer of the Year, their National Spokesperson for chronic pain, subject matter expert on corrective exercise for the American Council on Exercise, TRX and BOSU, former Director of Content for PTontheNet and founding author of PTA Global.

Full Author Details

Please login to leave a comment

Comments (7)

Hawkins, Allison | 05 Dec 2012, 19:39 PM

Thank you for your comment, Mary. The video appears to be working on our end. It is also in our video library so you can view the video by copying the link below into your browser's address bar. Let us know if you have any other questions!

http://www.ptonthenet.com/videos/correcting-the-cause-not-the-symptoms-medial-knee-pain-181

Reply
Patrzalek, Mary | 05 Dec 2012, 14:07 PM

The article refers to a video to demonstrate correcting scapular placement, but there is no video. Where can I find the link?

Reply
Pagdin, Simon | 06 Sep 2012, 12:33 PM

Fantastic article.! More of the same please.

Reply
Price, Justin | 14 Aug 2012, 18:16 PM

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your positive comment. Keep looking for the cause(s). That's the key! Good luck. Justin

Reply
Price, Justin | 14 Aug 2012, 17:49 PM

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the positive feedback and your comments. Here's my take on your comment. The fibers of the glute max that insert on the femur are more tonic in nature as they help stabilze the leg, hip socket, pelvis, coccyx and sacrum. On the other hand, the fibers that meld with the ITB and attach below the knee are more phasic and assist with gross movements like lunging, squatting, etc. As you rightly suggest, the majority of the glute max is more phasic in nature and acts a prime mover rather than a stabilizer. Thanks again for your interest. Justin

Reply
O'Neill, Mike | 11 Aug 2012, 22:10 PM

Very good article, thank you for the info, especially because I'm someone who is working on about an hr and a half of Corrective Exercises, still looking for the source... For me it seems tough to figure out cause and effect, like scenario 1 for example. Thanks again.

Reply
Sinitiere, Nick | 06 Aug 2012, 22:08 PM

Truly one of the best articles I've seen on PTOTN. Thanks for sharing some of your knowledge and expertise!

I was taught that only 85% of the GlutMax inserts at the IT and is phasic in nature, while the other 15% inserts at the femur and is tonic. What are your thoughts?

Reply
Back to top